Re: removing access to unsafe attachments

From: Sandi - Microsoft MVP (sandi_hardmeier_at_mvps.org)
Date: 06/15/03

Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 16:37:39 +0800

http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm#unsafe

--
Hyperlinks are used to ensure answers remain current.
Sandi Hardmeier - Microsoft MVP since 1999
"jg" <jgianvito@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Thanks for your reply.  I tried your suggestion and do not
> see any reference to "do not allow attachments to be saved
> or opened".  Is there some other phrase that I would look
> for that would mean the same thing?

Relevant Pages

  • carol clickme: Outlook Express 6.00
    ... news client. ... ability to "do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could ... We then send that as an html mail message to the target computer. ... Even with the new so-called security feature setting: ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: deleted attachments
    ... Jody- it's an OE security feature and you can find out lots of help ... If those groups aren't carried on the news server that's carrying this group ... > been unable to get many attachments through our Outlook ... > computer to our home computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: OE unsafe attachments
    ... > How do I get OE to stop blocking attachments from ... Click the File Types tab. ... saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" security feature: ... Protection, and then click OK. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: AUTO REMOVAL OF UNSAFE ATTACHMENTS
    ... It's a new security feature to prevent accidental opening of viruses, ... but I think the extra effort to hit forward is safer and well worth the ... Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours ... > OE is not allowing me to open certain attachments that it> says are unsafe. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Outlook Express
    ... It's a security feature. ... about the "My Doom" virus in the news recently -- this virus totally relies ... You can turn it off by going into tools/options/security in the main outlook ... to only open attachments once you've made certain they are safe. ...