Re: Security

From: Super_Geek (RichardFalconer_at_thepostmaster.net)
Date: 06/14/03

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 20:14:20 +0100

Ajay S. Bhagwat asks a question to do with PCs, Super_Geek dives in and
tries to help:
>Hi there!
>
>Many times I think that PCs can be protected well from any
>network security threats if the user gets similar
>experience when he connects to a machine thru a term serv,
>works on the terminal, accesses the web, etc and
>disconnects from it. In the process his machine remains
>completely clean. No threat at all! Whatever happens,
>happens to the term serv. Similarly, if there is no term
>serv, the same could be achieved by some means, may be
>virtual term serv, and the user carries all his network
>related activities in the virtual term serv and when
>terminates it, his machine is completely safe.

What if the terminal becomes compromised and downloads code to all its
users?
There are always some bugs in some software for the crackers to search
for. A completely secure environment is only possible with no users, ie
malicious users.
However the suggestion is sound, maybe a business will develop overing
this solution?

--
Super_Geek, 15
"Be nice to the nerds and geeks in high school -- you'll be working for them in the