Re: ASP.net -- unauthorized user on my computer?

From: |{evin (You_at_dont.need)
Date: 06/14/03

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 15:01:12 GMT

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 05:14:48 -0700, "Alex" <agslts@yahoo.com> wrote:

>All of a sudden, an additional user (ASP.net) was
>installed on my computer. I deleted it, but I wonder if
>this means somebody hacked into my computer and used it
>for programming. I've got zonealarm firewall software
>(and Norton antivirus). Any thoughts (on what happened
>and on what I should do)?
>
>Thanks,
>Alex

Did you just recently go to Windows Update and/or install the .Net
framework? If so, then that is where this account came from.

If you're not developing .Net web applications, then you don't really
need this account and it is safe to delete.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Seriously, now that I got Linux LiveCD running, what can I do with it? Newbie questions
    ... create a 'documents' folder automatically if you install it to your ... as opposed to in Windows. ... will, upon creating a new user account, automatically create a user ... In most distributions, yes. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Advanced Client install nightmare
    ... I can successfully install manually using the SMS account. ... MS Client Configuration Manager cannot install the Advanced Client to ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: userName="machine" didnt work
    ... Juan, ... version) than the .42 dlls. ... Deleted the ASPNET account from "Local Users and Group – ... ASPNET user and allowed the ASP.NET install to re-create it. ...
  • Re: Alerting - Malicious software removal tool
    ... >needed to install an application that she could not install from ... >"Administrator" account. ... You failed to analyze the root cause and correct it ... use their computers to have fun. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Alerting - Malicious software removal tool
    ... much of what the MSRT ... yet), used MS Works, had a single account, administrator level logon ... needed to install an application that she could not install from ... only reacting AFTER the compromise. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)