Re: Outlook Express security

From: DBD_Sandman (chris_at_canddcomputers.com)
Date: 06/13/03

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:19:55 -0500

Go to tools, options, and then click on the security. There will be options
there for virus protection. Now uncheck the option to not allow attachments
that may contain viruses AT YOUR OWN RISK. The is will take care of your
problem.

"Guy Wood-Gush" <guy.wood_gush@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> My Outlook Express keeps "removing access to unsafe
> attachments..." on e:mails. How do I switch off this
> function so that I can access attachments which I know are
> safe?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OE Removing Attachments
    ... Uncheck: "Do not allow ... Please see these links about virus protection in OE 6. ... > I can do to make these attachments appear less threatening ...
  • Re: removing the block on attachments
    ... click tools/options pick the security tab and uncheck the ... box that talks about not allowing access to attachments. ... > I am having a lot of trouble with OE removing access to ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Images + From
    ... Tools | Options | Security | Virus Protection ... UNcheck the box that says "Do not allow attachments to be saved or ... BTW, know how to make the program show who the message is from? ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Outlook Express problem
    ... OE, Tools, Options, Security tab, Virus Protection. ... Uncheck "Do not allow ... attachments ..." ...
  • Re: Images
    ... Tools | Options | Security | Virus Protection ... UNcheck the box that says "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened..." ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)