Re: Digital ID, encryption to help prevent e-mail dissemination by worm ?

From: Michel Gallant (neutron_at_istar.ca)
Date: 06/13/03

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:19:56 -0400

"Vizvary Istvan III" <vizyp@ppuvas.com.pl> wrote in message
news:egzXXhYMDHA.1968@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

> This is because encrypted content is not any safer than plain content
> when all the secrets are easily accessible. That is why credentials
> protection
> must be a part of a security policy. And security policy is what this
> thread is really about.

Only partly, if you read the OP, second question:
"Also, I have heard from many people that digital ID, signature and
 encryption are considered cumbersome these days. I'd appreciate if you could
 advise on how effective confidential e-mails could be handled these days."

 - Mitch

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Encryption of application configuration block
    ... your main concern is about applying encryption ... protection for your client application ... I've performed some research on the new config protection feature in .net ... For creating and exporting/importing RSA key and programmatically encrypt ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: Password protecting?
    ... Something really secure? ... > so to provide any level of protection for your data, ... Now most likely, NTFS ... > encryption, which is pretty simple to implement, will be good ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: PKI confusion...
    ... tool for software license protection! ... Encryption provides us with provably secure way of reducing the problem ... Software license protection has exactly opposite goal - to spread ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Re: Quick question on email security- I get that creepy feeling.
    ... Email, even using encryption, offers no such protection. ... -- that way everybody will ignore it except the intended recipient ... there probably isn't much systematic monitoring except by ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Password versus Encryption............................. Attention: Paul of nospam@needed.com
    ... computers if it is non work related, her employer is ok with that. ... your response so please do not think I am. ... Using a drive with encryption is covering the ... Another thing to note about data protection methods, ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)