Re: Firewall and router

From: Frank Baisch (Baischconsulting_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/11/03

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 16:53:24 -0400

How would I do this? Setup a pc with linux? I do want to learn Linux and
this might be a good way for me to go. I have another computer that I could
use but would that require a computer with two NIC's? I have had problems,
with Windows NT, trying to get a 2nd NIC to work.
"Keith W. McCammon" <km@km.com> wrote in message
> If you're comfortable with Linux/UNIX, you could install IPF/IPFW on
> relatively cheap hardware. Or, you can buy a home networking special. I
> don't know of any free or very cheap multi-network firewalls for Windows.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [opensuse] Re: 12.2 on a Windows 7 machine
    ... Now I need to find out if I can get away with making my fairly new HP laptop strictly a Linux box. ... Built-in camera support, which isn't strictly something I have to have as it is a pretty crappy camera and I wouldn't mind adding a USB camera ... I am a little leery of online "oh, it's just an easy setup" because easy to some is hopeless to others. ... I want to setup my HP laptop for Windows 7 and Suse 12.2 dual boot. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Is SuSe ready for me yet?
    ... weekly from most windows with binoculars. ... you is that once this is setup, there's no need to reinstall or fuss ... Linux distros or applications, that would be just about the most useful ... Already have various computers and a decent router, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Question about Source Control
    ... What I would like help with is the basic setup. ... All my source code resides on an old Linux server, which I switch on in the ... Linux machines. ... I need to test my program on Windows and on Linux, so I run it from both at ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: OT for those who hate xp nag software.
    ... Anyone with experience of older Linux distros coming back to try again, now that XP is no longer supported, might get even more confused than they are already, especially if they half remember the old setup procedures. ... The Ubuntu setup now follows the Vista security model, except for being a bit less obtrusive with the UAC settings, which makes it quite close to the Windows 7 setup. ... I still installed Midnight Commander and the BSD games package very early on, ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • RE: [SLE] Not So Fast: Linux on the Desktop
    ... > Microsoft had made Windows NT the way XP is, ... which is what I have found on the Linux box. ... tempted to change as I have already invested much in my XP setup. ... installing it. ...
    (SuSE)