Re: sign on password

From: Jason (spamthis_at_deadspam.com)
Date: 06/10/03

Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:34:55 -0300

* marc <marcpinard@aol.com>:
> I have set up windows 98 to require a password upon start
> up, but there is a "cancel" option in the window that
> allows anyone to simple start my computer with the
> password. Is there a fix?

Upgrade the OS to something that has security.

Jason

Relevant Pages

  • problems upgrading Home XP to Professional
    ... I have no SP2 CD. ... First, I couldn't do Windows Update, so I had to add BITS and WUAUSERV to the ... The other problem now seems to be that I cannot access any of the Security ... upgrade process. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Seeking upgrade advise for motherboard change with oem windows
    ... it's the worst security software on the market. ... Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: ... i've bought is for the motherboard i want to put in as i seem to ... wireless internet for my aging pc i wanted to upgrade my current ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Problems with SP4+Rollup
    ... works, why upgrade?" ... By the time they get around to publishing a fix for a security hole, odds are overwhelming that hackers have long since found ways to exploit that hole. ... By and large, when MicroSoft issues a security patch for Windows, it makes it less "broken". ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: What files are changed upgrading 2003 eval to full retail?
    ... They customer's IT department is doing security audits on the system ... The security on the network is the tightest I've ever encountered. ... Keys for Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise. ... We then went through the "Upgrade" process to convert the Eval ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
  • Re: security bit
    ... should tell you the cypher strength. ... I am using windows 95 as well. ... >>out what security bit I have and how to I upgrade it. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)