Re: Attachments, and Forwards

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] (lanwench_at_heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com)
Date: 06/07/03

Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 14:31:41 -0400

Sharron -

See http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#attachments

Also note - you will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you
post OE questions to an Outlook Express news group.

Try posting in one of these newsgroups:

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).

A good website for information on OE is:
http://www.tomsterdam.com/

Sharron Bisland wrote:
> Since I have updated my Windows program, I am no longer
> getting any Attachments or Forwards. There is always a
> banner across the top of any mail that has an attachment,
> or a Fwd. to it that OE has removed access to the unsafe
> attachments in your mail. I was being sent some business
> information on a loan, and OE removed the attachment.
> What can I do to 'undo',whatever it was that brought this
> on?
> Thank You In Advance for your help, and assistance,
> Sharron Bisland
> slb@skyride.net

Relevant Pages

  • Re: EVIL MESSAGE OF DOOM!!!
    ... || Microsoft allows posting attachments on their News Servers. ... | "If you see the name "binaries" in the name of the News Group then posting ... | "NO Microsoft News Group" with binaries in the name is wrong. ... the News Group but I see you failed to show what News Group the post from 11/04.. ...
  • Re: MVPs your comments please
    ... attachments either get a nasty comment or the post is ignored. ... > I can only assume that it's a function of how each news server is set up. ... > Mark Durrenberger, PMP ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Ask EU - because it always knows the answer
    ... an alternative source if you desire binary. ... news posts with attachments. ... Only accessible (under the PlusNet names) if you're their customer. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Identify this piece of hardware
    ... such attachments if they are *above a certain size*.) ... people to occupy my kill file, not because of topic of his posts ... but because of his bandwidth hogging sig. ... on a news server's bandwidth. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: chkdsk on WinXP Home
    ... Newsgroup posts are NOT email. ... The other method is NNTP (Network News Transfer Protocol), ... ISP's news server, Shawnews. ... news server, which is free and does not require you to log in. ...