Re: Firewall help (I think this is where I go :) )

From: David Robbins (k1ttt_at_arrl.net)
Date: 06/07/03

Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 15:22:35 -0000

1. how are you connected to the internet. cable modem, dsl, dialup??? what
do you have to a router if anything between your computer and the internet,
brand and model?
2. what is your operating system?
3. what game??

"Traxal" <traxalthesorcerer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Okay, lately, our computer has detained us from playing a
> few games over the internet and it's because of our
> firewall or some security setting. I am fifteen, so I
> have no clue what to change, nor does my dad. any help is
> appreciated in learning how to alter/change/disable our
> firewall. you can either post or e-mail me, and I'm not
> sure what type of firewall we have, b/c I don't know where
> to find it :). Thanks!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 3 LAN, 2 WAN - 2 LAN use 1 WAN, last LAN uses other WAN
    ... Internet over different paths after that. ... With a single LAN Router for all the segments, ... Then each "business" uses the Firewall they are supposed to use for the ...
  • Re: AdAware, SpyBot S &D, etc. + leave PC connected to Internet
    ... >It will be a while I get the router and do that. ... >> labelling on the box to be sure it has firewall features. ... name, like Disconnect from Internet, and click Finish. ... generally talking only about "critical patches" that affect security. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Networking problems with router between 2 p.c.s
    ... >> router for internet access. ... >> disable the internet connection firewall in the LAN ... isn't suitable for use on a local area network. ...
  • Re: Problems with Norton Firewall 2002
    ... internet permits. ... You wont find the game listed on the list, as it is in Beta testing. ... So it looks like, the only way to play it, is by switching off the firewall. ... that's obviously off the Connections tab. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Is this a wise configuration?
    ... A have a single DSL connection to the internet at my house. ... connection goes through a router, ... With this many "test" servers running, however, there are many ... Generally referred to as "DMZ" when you search for firewall info ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)