Re: RADIUS

From: Keith W. McCammon (km_at_km.com)
Date: 04/30/03

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:23:59 -0400

> Whats the best way of configuring RADIUS on a single
> subnet single domain Network ?

RADIUS can run on pretty much any system, as long as that system can
communicate with your DC. And if you're working in a simple environment,
just set the RADIUS server on your internal network. The firewall is
actually sending the requests to RADIUS, not external clients, so the RADIUS
server doesn't need to be exposed to the Internet (or any other network, for
that matter).

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IP address assignment problem
    ... I have a little problem and seek for ur thoughts, let's assume I'm in a very open environment where everyone can very easily try to get his/her laptop on the network and IP addresses are assigned by a DHCP server and we are in a domain environment, how do I prevent machines that are not part of our domain to be assigned an IP address? ... This approach doesn't stop your rogue clients from connecting to other clients, but merely doesn't give them the information they normally need to do so. ... Using 802.1x, your workstations authenticate through the switch to a radius server before they are allowed any connectivity. ... This authentication can use X.509 certificates, computer account credentials from AD, or whatever else you'd normally configure radius to authenticate with. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Prblm: Radius, WLAN, roaming profiles and software install via group policies
    ... >> The thing is that since we use Radius to authenticate to the ... >> assigned file server. ... >> WLAN it seems like the network connection is prematurely terminated, ... > encrypt traffic between wireless client computers and wireless access ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.radius)
  • EAPOL, VLANs and network drives
    ... I decided to separate my network on some VLANs. ... I use EAPOL with RADIUS for that. ... as VLAN X untagged member. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • PEAP Authentication in IAS
    ... I'm using a Procurve 2650 as Radius Client, ... Authentication in the network configuration of Windows XP and CHAP ...
  • RADIUS
    ... negotiating VPN traffic onto my network. ... uses a Firewall to negotiate and authenticate VPN users. ... RADIUS server. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)