Re: Been hacked...please help

From: Karl Levinson [x y] mvp (levinson_k_at_despammed.com)
Date: 04/29/03

Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:22:14 -0400

Good luck reporting him. You probably don't have enough information or
evidence [you'd probably need firewall logs to do that]. If you were going
to report him, I would send his screen name and the time of the event [and
your time zone] to Yahoo abuse or yahoo chat support, if there is such a
thing, as listed at www.yahoo.com Not much is likely to come of it,
however.

You probably want to install the latest version of your chat client and
search www.google.com for suggestions on how to configure it securely.

To look for signs of hacking and secure your computer, see below.

http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#trace
http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#hacked
http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#re-secure
http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#harden

"Gwyn" <prettygirl8402@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I was in a yahoo user voice chat room, and then someone
> asked me if I had messenger. I said yes, and then all the
> sudden these things started popping up. For example "send
> file failed" and I couldn't click "ok" it wouldn't go
> away, and more things kept popping up out of no where. I
> asked what all that was, and he replied "it's a booter
> program and you're being hacked" then I hear him
> say "check it out, there's some credit card numbers" and
> also threated to delete my "back-up files." I am really
> worried. I don't know what he found out or anything. I
> know it wasn't a joke because my computer really was
> being taken over. I wrote down his screen name and the
> chat room name (not sure how much help that would be) but
> I want to find some way to report this guy. It's very
> frusterating. If someone will please email me, with
> something, any advice, I'd appreciate it.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Notice: AVLV Trolling (an open letter to Don)
    ... threaten to report them because they don't like me. ... Go start another website or chat room or newsgroup or something.. ... But don't come back to AVLV to "spam" your newest idea. ... Duane doesn't post often ...
    (alt.vacation.las-vegas)
  • Re: Been hacked...please help
    ... > I was in a yahoo user voice chat room, ... Report him to Yahoo! ... I expect you have been the victim of a nasty prank via Windows Messenger. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Full-Disclosure Posts
    ... >> security of the company I work for. ... If you report X, they patch X, even if they ... I bet yahoo hand out ... > recruit some real life hackers from the underground. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: OT - Re: Is President Bush doing a good job?
    ... about spam to yahoo. ... I don't expect things to happen, but I report them anyway if I have the ... I think google is the biggest souce of usenet spam. ... power to punish spammers, and can more easily identify them, so if I'm ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Another scam!!!
    ... email address and has the hassle of setting up a new one and ... As it happens I just got this from Yahoo ... "Fiduciary agent for official verification and processing of your ... Oh yes but I have enough time to spare and it takes little effort to report ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)