Re: Cannot uninstall XP patch 811943!

From: Jason (jaybay22@alltel.net)
Date: 04/24/03

From: "Jason" <jaybay22@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:33:38 -0700

My problem is actually installing. I have been trying to
install 811493 and it will not install. Any solutions or
should I just forget about it?
I have also tried installing Q817287 and it will nnot
install?

$\Spuninst folder does not
>exists, you are sol (unless you are running WinXP and can
do a system restore).

>--
>torgeir
>Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway
>Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version
of the 1328 page
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Whats the difference between...?
    ... then you should install the WMI package. ... WMI 1.5 is needed for remote WMI queries usually made in various scripting ... You can install either in any order, you shouldn't see any problems either ...
  • Re: Re: XP SP2 and Sun Java Plugin
    ... Glad to hear you were able to resolve your problem. ... >> You can try updating your scripting engine. ... >> There is good information concerning all aspects of the Java ...
  • Re: See If a App is running using Script 5.1
    ... Ahh, that code is not dependent of what WSH version is installed, it ... WMI CORE 1.5 for Windows NT 4.0 ... But it is overkill to install WMI to detect if a process is running ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.wsh)
  • Re: Copying and running processes on remote machines
    ... > a basic remote installer, and I need to know how to do 2 things: ... ' MDAC silent install, no reboot/reboot prompt ... To avoid reinstalling MDAC at every computer startup, ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi)
  • Re: windowsupdate.microsoft.com blank screen
    ... You receive a scripting error or a blank page when you visit the Windows ... Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site ... I really don't want to do another (like, the 500th in place install, I don't ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)