False e-mail updates????

From: mike397 (mspille@nyc.rr.com)
Date: 04/23/03

    From: "mike397" <mspille@nyc.rr.com>
    Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 03:23:09 -0700

    Recently I've been getting these Microsoft Critical
    Updates via my e-mail,I'm assuming that they are some sort
    of virus or worm.
    I have NOT opened any of them,but I'm getting really
    annoyed by them.
    Can someone please tell me if I can report the sender of
    these e-mails to some sort of agency that handles this
    sort of problem???
     The only updates I download are the ones from the
    Microsoft update site.Is this the procedure I should
    continue to follow?Or are these e-mail updates legitimate?
    Any help would be appreciated,thanks,
    Mike