False e-mail updates????

From: mike397 (mspille@nyc.rr.com)
Date: 04/23/03

    From: "mike397" <mspille@nyc.rr.com>
    Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 03:23:09 -0700

    Recently I've been getting these Microsoft Critical
    Updates via my e-mail,I'm assuming that they are some sort
    of virus or worm.
    I have NOT opened any of them,but I'm getting really
    annoyed by them.
    Can someone please tell me if I can report the sender of
    these e-mails to some sort of agency that handles this
    sort of problem???
     The only updates I download are the ones from the
    Microsoft update site.Is this the procedure I should
    continue to follow?Or are these e-mail updates legitimate?
    Any help would be appreciated,thanks,
    Mike

    • Re: Tcl Extension Location Repository
      ... Seems like this could be something stored in a database (say sqlite) ... email address associated with the extension. ... some incoming mail filters so that updates could be emailed. ... Note that I used to provide just this sort of thing - as the old ...
      (comp.lang.tcl)
    • Re: add/remove programs list corrupted
      ... > Alan Illeman wrote: ... faulty software and their updates to tackle ongoing security issues. ... Use an Internet Firewall on all PCs and Laptops ... "People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like." ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
    • Re: Replication of forms and reports
      ... See http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/autofe.htm for the sort of solution I ... would call "best" for updates. ... hidden/unsupported SaveAsText LoadFromText methods as well. ...
      (microsoft.public.access.replication)
    • Re: Outsider back in
      ... ability to send or reply to emails and/or newsgroup messages. ... major surgery on my WindowsXP, Internet Explorer, and Outlook Express, I ... MS updates. ... sort of! ...
      (rec.collecting.coins)
    • Exception Reporting - Best Practices
      ... the SQL Server gods. ... at updates to the external portion before we commit them. ... Should I build something to upload a file to the database and then use ... I haven't implemented this sort of functionality before. ...