Re: Slammer/Sapphire Worm

From: Whoever (nobody@devnull.none)
Date: 04/23/03

From: Whoever <nobody@devnull.none>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 03:19:04 GMT

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Brian wrote:

> I remember reading on Microsoft's website that this worm is OLD and they had
> already released a fix a while ago. If this was true, why did it have the
> impact that it did?

1. Many people don't patch.
2. Some reports ahve suggested that some patches:
        a. Could not be used because they broke systems.
        b. restored the problem.

What I read suggested that MS only issued a complete working patch a few
days before the worm hit.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Slammer/Sapphire Worm
    ... On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Brian wrote: ... > already released a fix a while ago. ... What I read suggested that MS only issued a complete working patch a few ... days before the worm hit. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Connecting to an AS/400 - Connection Issue with code
    ... If this is an ALTER TABLE ... > I think you need to changes objConn to adoCon. ... >> If anyone could give me some ideas on what I need to fix here, ... >> Brian. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)
  • Re: [SLE] problems with external firewire drives
    ... Will fix what can be fixed w/o --rebuild-tree ... Trying to fix bitmap .. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] problems with external firewire drives
    ... On Monday 29 September 2003 08:36 pm, Brian Jackson wrote: ... > on-disk bitmap does not match to the correct one. ... > Trying to fix bitmap .. ... any other hard disk on the system. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: A thanks to BT engineering...
    ... Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc: ... Whippersnapper with gizmo and case came in, swapped the genie on the wall, ... Under 15 mins to fix from end to end and blisteringly quickness of 75 meg ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)