Re: autenticate a user with a certificate

From: S. Pidgorny [MVP] (slavickp@yahoo.com)
Date: 04/21/03

From: "S. Pidgorny [MVP]" <slavickp@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 14:26:58 +1000

I think, in theory it is possible to write a PC/SC driver and a CSP for a
floppy... :)

--
Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP, MCSE
-= F1 is the key =-
"David Cross [MS]" <dcross@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Private keys and certificates stored on floppies is not supported by the
> Windows operating system.  Smartcards are more secure and much more
robust.

> --
>

> David B. Cross [MS]
>
> --
rights.

> http://support.microsoft.com
>
> "io.com" <io@io.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > i have a AD Domain Win2000 and would like that the user have access to
> > domain with a certificate on the floppy
> > How i do this ?
> > It's' possible have a certificate on floppy or not ?
> > The certificate can be only on smart card in Windows 2000 ADV ??!??
> :-(((
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: CA, Certificates, some clearification
    ... No, the user certificate is stored on the AD user object, not the ... Private keys do not roam between machines for users unless you are using ... If the certificate is stored in> the user account, if the user moves between multiple machines, does he have> access to his public and private keys? ... > MMC on the server there is a pending request, why is it trying to create a> certificate for basic file encryption when i already have a certificate that> supports file encryption? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: E-mail encryption. Is this right? Isnt it a security hole?
    ... Regarding protecting your private keys, a good model is to never store your ... > When the receiver reads the encrypted e-mail uses his/her private key. ... > reads the CRL (Certificate Revocation List) from the Certificates CDP ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: simple question about certificate chains
    ... Meant SSL of cource. ... The key to the whole certificate idea is keeping private keys private! ... You might be amazed at the effort that the certificate authorities such as ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: simple question about certificate chains
    ... Meant SSL of cource. ... The key to the whole certificate idea is keeping private keys private! ... You might be amazed at the effort that the certificate authorities such as ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: AcquireCredentialsHandle returns SEC_E_UNKNOWN_CREDENTIALS
    ... this flag is only really relevant in some situations ... as when strong key protection is enabled using the rsaenh.dll CSP. ... I've never seen anyone use these cipher suites in the ... Signature only RSA private keys can be used for client ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)