Re: not a virus

From: Robert Moir (bofh@mvps.org)
Date: 04/16/03

From: "Robert Moir" <bofh@mvps.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 22:15:17 +0100

beth wrote:
> I received a message about that Teddy Bear virus that is
> not a virus last evening. I received it from a reliable
> source. I then deleted a Java file. I have read the
> Microsoft page telling me what to do and I think it said
> that I do not need to reinstall it, but I really didn't
> understand much on the page. It said not to reinstall
> unless I am running Java something-or-other visual. What
> is that??? I am running Windows 98 2nd edition. Can
> anyone clear this up for me?

It's one of those things where if you have to ask if you need it, you don't
need it. It's used primarily by programmers for debugging programs, not for
"day to day" using those java programs by us mere mortals.

Regards
Rob

Rob Moir
Microsoft MVP for Windows / Security
www.robertmoir.co.uk

Relevant Pages

  • not a virus
    ... I received a message about that Teddy Bear virus that is ... I then deleted a Java file. ... that I do not need to reinstall it, ... unless I am running Java something-or-other visual. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Teddy Bear Virus Hoax
    ... >How can I reinstall jdbgmgr.exe (deleted in response to ... Teddy Bear virus hoax? ...