Re: ** WARNING ** DANGEROUS E-Mail

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] (lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com)
Date: 04/11/03

From: "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 07:30:00 -0400

I think this was a veiled reference to not running Windows...best not to
feed the trolls.

Barry Margolin wrote:
> In article <3E95D2CB.A9E391E8@nix.com>, Chet <Chet@nix.com> wrote:
>> Barry Margolin wrote:

>>> I get at least 10 of them a day. Unfortunately, whatever virus it
>>> is that sends these out does not want to stick with a consistent
>>> subject line. I get "Network Security Update", "Microsoft Update",
>>> "Microsoft Security Patch", and also weird things like "watch the
>>> patch from Microsoft".
>
>> email is not dangerous on my computer, maybe you should get a
>> different computer.
>
> What difference does it make what kind of computer I have? They're
> annoying like spam, whether or not they're dangerous.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ** WARNING ** DANGEROUS E-Mail
    ... I think this was a veiled reference to not running Windows...best not to ... feed the trolls. ... Barry Margolin wrote: ... > annoying like spam, ...
  • Re: ** WARNING ** DANGEROUS E-Mail
    ... I think this was a veiled reference to not running Windows...best not to ... feed the trolls. ... Barry Margolin wrote: ... > annoying like spam, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: ** WARNING ** DANGEROUS E-Mail
    ... I think this was a veiled reference to not running Windows...best not to ... feed the trolls. ... Barry Margolin wrote: ... > annoying like spam, ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Where the hell is Flashforward?
    ... Barry Margolin wrote: ... I knew my "Preemptive where the hell is" thread wouldn't work. ... will be trolls. ... But a guy can dream, ...
    (rec.arts.tv)