Re: Advisor Content missing info --halting system

From: Robert Moir (bofh@mvps.org)
Date: 03/31/03

From: "Robert Moir" <bofh@mvps.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:11:03 +0100

Betsy wrote:
> On my Home computer:
>
> I have recently been receiving a "Content Advisor" warning
> that will not allow me to connect to the internet.
> I have reinstalled Windows 98, disable 'Content Advisor'
> and tried every thing in my power to overcome this problem
> and yet it persists. My internet provider has checked my
> connection information and modem functionality and all is
> in perfect working condition.
>
> Is there any information on how to get around this
> problem? Is this a virus of some sort?
>
> Thank you for reviewing this problem.

i) What's the exact message?
ii) Could someone else have played with your settings for you?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: O.T. Computer Questions:
    ... I checked her computer again today and found that her Internet ... connection information is blank although she able to get on the ... My son and I ... We did disconnect the modem and reconnect ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Advisor Content missing info --halting system
    ... that will not allow me to connect to the internet. ... I have reinstalled Windows 98, disable 'Content Advisor' ... connection information and modem functionality and all is ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: O.T. Computer Questions:
    ... I checked her computer again today and found that her Internet ... connection information is blank although she able to get on the ... that she can get online but that the information fields are blank, ... would have thought that when I installed DSL it would have put the ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • virus
    ... Not knowing much about these things, when connected to the internet ... via dialup when I am just browsing the web the connection information ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Switched off the rest of the planet, just like that!
    ... Internet companies should not be alarmed by the legislation, ... Portions of the Lieberman-Collins bill, ... runs contrary to the power of love. ... switch" that the president could flip in an emergency is not exactly ...
    (rec.music.dylan)