Advisor Content missing info --halting system

From: Betsy (betsy.bachmurski@state.de.us)
Date: 03/31/03

From: "Betsy" <betsy.bachmurski@state.de.us>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:57:52 -0800

On my Home computer:

I have recently been receiving a "Content Advisor" warning
that will not allow me to connect to the internet.
I have reinstalled Windows 98, disable 'Content Advisor'
and tried every thing in my power to overcome this problem
and yet it persists. My internet provider has checked my
connection information and modem functionality and all is
in perfect working condition.

Is there any information on how to get around this
problem? Is this a virus of some sort?

Thank you for reviewing this problem.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Passwords
    ... Another option would be to use the Content Advisor: ... The Content Advisor provides parents enhanced control over what content ... Restricted Sites List for Internet Explorer ... With Kids Passport, you can choose whether a participating Kids Passport Web ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Passwords and usernames being sent to url via IE6.0
    ... antispyware that there was an attempt to block a trusted site. ... I was able to block the site by activating Content Advisor and including the ... time it attempts to access the internet. ... Do I really need to reformat and reinstall the whole OS? ...
  • Re: Content Advisor password
    ... the settings back to their defaults. ... All the Content Advisor settings are stored in the key below. ... Close Internet Explorer, re-open it, and the Content Advisor feature should ... If the registry key is not there, you can simply create one by going ...
  • Re: Lost Advisory Content Password
    ... The following steps will remove any password set in the Internet Explorer ... Content Advisor and allow you to reset the program to its original state. ... How may I reset my> Advisory Content password in order to access the internet> without my password? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Content Supervisor Password for Internet Explorer
    ... The following steps will remove any password set in the Internet ... Explorer Content Advisor and allow you to reset the program to its ... choose Registry and then Exit to exit RegEdit. ... Restart the computer and run Internet Explorer again. ...