What to do?

From: Esquire (esquire@samford.net)
Date: 02/21/03

From: "Esquire" <esquire@samford.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:59:14 -0800

My Microsoft Windows PC continuously crashes, has had to
be formatted countless times due to either being hit by a
virus, or generally the files becoming corrupted over time
(as all Microsoft products seem to do).

What is the official Microsoft answer to these security
and software problems? Oh, I know, cause I've called
up... "Upgrade" they say... to the new and improved bugs
and glitches of Windows OS, of course, for a cost.

Is there no answer to having to constantly pay Microsoft
for unsecure, barely stable software?

Thank goodness I have a computer literate friend who has
pointed me to an answer... LINUX!

Two more programs left to me ported over to Linux, and I
can kiss this white elephant of an operating system good

(PS. I've noticed that on the Linux.com website, all
postings are shown and kept, even the ones critical of
Linux... be interesting to see what happens to this
posting or Microsoft.)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How many names and addresses can you have for ID card
    ... Not easily for Aunty Lill, ... This is what the Linux bods should be considering. ... neither is Microsoft Windows. ...
  • Critical Microsoft Security Bulletin - MS04-004
    ... - Microsoft Windows NT® Workstation 4.0 Service Pack 6a ... - Internet Explorer 6 for Windows Server 2003 ... IMPACT OF VULNERABILITY: Remote Code Execution ...
  • Neue SIcherheitsbulletins und Patches
    ... Critical MS06-057 Microsoft Windows Remote Code Execution ... Critical MS06-058 Microsoft Office Remote Code Execution ... Critical MS06-061 Microsoft Windows or Office Remote Code Execution ... Impact of Vulnerability: Information Disclosure ...
  • Re: !!Windows Is Infected!!
    ... trying to sell you patches that Microsoft provides free-of-charge. ... Messenger Service of Windows ... belive its a fake microsoft site the patch links on the ... Microsoft Windows NT Workstation ...
  • Re: Changing Font Color
    ... > The system idle process was operating at 99%. ... > installation (first by direct download, then by CD with no Virus Detection ... > If Microsoft had correctly written the Windows XP and Outlook Express ... > This vulnerability affects the following Microsoft Windows operating ...