Re: Q328310: Does Microsoft Know?

From: Bill Sanderson (Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org)
Date: 02/17/03

From: "Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:21:27 -0500

Your message is a bit confusing--this kb article relates to the following
security bulletin:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-071.asp

The NT 4.0 versions of this patch indeed did cause problems, and the article
has been re-issued as of February 7th with updated download locations for
corrected versions of the NT 4 versions of the patch.

However, the article you mention doesn't relate to the NT4 versions of this
patch--just XP and Windows 2000, which aren't affected by this change.

So, if you need corrected NT4 versions of this patch, look at the link above
to find them.

I'm sure that WindowsUpdate is offering the corrected versions. FWIW, I
installed the older version on several workstations and a server, and
haven't had problems, but I know that others did.