Re: Q328310: Does Microsoft Know?

From: Bill Sanderson (Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org)
Date: 02/17/03

From: "Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:21:27 -0500

Your message is a bit confusing--this kb article relates to the following
security bulletin:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-071.asp

The NT 4.0 versions of this patch indeed did cause problems, and the article
has been re-issued as of February 7th with updated download locations for
corrected versions of the NT 4 versions of the patch.

However, the article you mention doesn't relate to the NT4 versions of this
patch--just XP and Windows 2000, which aren't affected by this change.

So, if you need corrected NT4 versions of this patch, look at the link above
to find them.

I'm sure that WindowsUpdate is offering the corrected versions. FWIW, I
installed the older version on several workstations and a server, and
haven't had problems, but I know that others did.

"LGilmore" <ogilmore@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Hello, does anyone out there know whether Microsoft has fixed the patch
> Q328310? this one cuases random lok ups on servers and workstations. I've
> removed it from all my machines. Yet the windows update site includes it
> in
> their accumulated download . Has it been fixed? Is one of the other
> patches
> a patch to Q328310?
>
> Thanks for you response
>
> -L

Relevant Pages

  • MS03-032 - Win2K + IE6 Pre-SP1
    ... to our population of primarily Windows 2000 workstations. ... Microsoft didn't make a IE6 pre-SP1 version of the patch for Windows 2000 ... the Software Update Installer reports back to SMS that it ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Daylight Savings Time 2007 and Windows 2000 Server...
    ... I understand your frustration about not offering a patch for 2K, but MSF is also a business. ... Windows 98? ... On the positive side Microsoft did give you directions for how to manually patch 2K. ... Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services ...
  • Re: nonpaged pool empty
    ... Yeah, I saw that article as well and as with you, I am not ready to pay MS ... to get a patch to fix thier defective software. ... I have been getting this myself the past 3 weeks now and a windows 2000 ... talking to our exchange server on the SBS2000 server. ...
  • Re: Virus in microsoft Patch
    ... "Windows must restart because the Remote Procedure Call ... your system and install the patch mentioned above. ... You can also configure Automatic Updates to automatically ...
  • Re: Is running a patch that changes something in Windows XP permis
    ... again for a Microsoft MVP: I have been trying to understand what the ... Windows XP versions before SP2 the system was recognised as SP2 RC1. ... > some things to quote here that tell us that the patch probably does not ... > change the value of TcpNumConnections in the registry and that there isn't ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)