Re: *** Important Alert ***

From: Susan Bradley, CPA aka \ (sbradcpa@pacbell.net)
Date: 02/17/03

Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 17:51:31 -0800
From: "Susan Bradley, CPA aka \"Ebitz\" SBS Rocks [MVP]"  <sbradcpa@pacbell.net>

This educated user does every day.

Honestly people, this is an insane argument....any computer code on the market
today cannot be made 100% secure. To do so would mean that the computer would
be turned off. Users and Administrators on a daily basis make decisions that
affect the security of their systems.

QUAD wrote:

> Susan Bradley, CPA aka "Ebitz" SBS Rocks [MVP] wrote:
>
> > An educated end user does more to make your computing experience better
> > and more secure.
> >
> > Susan Bradley
> >

> > MS Security wrote:
> >
> >> www.apple.com/switch
> >>
> >> Has programs that will make your computing experience better and more
> >> secure.
>
> An educated user wouldn't pick windows.
> --
> IF MICROSOFT REALLY CARED ABOUT SECURITY, THEY WOULD REMOVE THEIR PRODUCTS
> FROM THE MARKETPLACE.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Coding securely, was Linux (in)security
    ... Secure programming requires additional skill and focus during design, ... winners in the software space, and everyone needs to see security as a ... I think the software market are equaly ... responsible for the state of security - it costs more time and money and ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-Disclosure] IE is just as safe as FireFox
    ... if Firefox or any other browser had the same market share as ... would it really be that much more secure? ... It's market share ... Yes, from a security point of view, this is very bad. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: BBC News says OS X probably no more secure than Windows
    ... Steven de Mena wrote: ... How secure is this 'so' secure you're talking about? ... Security isn't a thing you either have or have not, and there is no absolute security, so all we have to measure is relative. ... If the proposition was that OS X would be less secure if it had a 90% market share, then arguments about market share would be relevant. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)