Re: DON'T BELIEVE "Tracker", "Debbie", VPNSISHACKERSSECRET, "snailmail"!

From: George Hester (hesterloli@hotmail.com)
Date: 02/14/03

From: "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 00:10:00 -0500

Actually Brad I have found this group to be a step up from the others round here. I have always been treated well here. Maybe I need to look around in it more to say what I say, but from what I have seen seems on the whole pretty good.

Now if this Tracker is giving misleading information purposely or not, consider this. Never jump to a solution you see here. Investigate it a little. Do a serach on key words in the advice through Google and see what's up If there is something wrong with the advice I'm sure you will be able to verify it through google.

Yes bashing Tracker for what he\she does is a waste of time. A waste of time of the responder and a waste of time for the reader too. I have actually only read one article by this "troll" and from what I could tell it was full of hysteria. That alone was enough for me to doubt all that was said. Right or wrong. That's not the issue. When someone flys off the handle, I tune out. I don't care if they are Mr Ms Security cum laude. Mr Pinkerton himself. Start crying the sky is falling, cu.

--
George Hester
___________________________________
"Brad" <brad@bookbrad.com> wrote in message news:e3ce70V0CHA.1620@TK2MSFTNGP11...

> "Karl Levinson [x y] mvp" <levinson_k@excite.com> wrote in message
> >
> > This has been going on for years.  You'd lose your patience too after
> trying
> > logic for the first year.  You really would.
>
> > If you're trying to learn from this newsgroup, finding a newsgroup archive
> > that goes back more than 30 days worth is really beneficial, and you'd
> start
> > seeing that yes, these people did try the kind and logical approach first.
> > My recommendation would be go to www.google.com and click on Groups to
> > browse or search.
> >

> I understand about losing patience in the face of illogical people.  I sure
> don't have the patience to wade through 30 days worth of the same tripe.
> (Although I have been following this newsgroup for a few months - when the
> internet was available.)  I've got my own work to do - security isn't the
> final goal, just a necessary tool.
>
> One of my specific points is that I feel the group as a whole is dissuading
> new posters from asking their questions.  Tracker is not the only one who
> has posted an unueducated question or poor advice - and many of them have
> received the same ridicule, rather than helpful pointers.  (Many of the
> others simply don't get responses - leaving yet more uneducated security
> risks out there.)
>
> Still hoping for improvement,
> Brad.
>
> p.s.  Thanks for once again posting the FAQ.  I've again bookmarked it, and
> this time backed up my bookmarks so I don't lose it the next time I purge my
> system.
>
> p.p.s.  Many thanks to whomever pointed me to the option to block messages
> from certain posters.  That has already come in handy.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: DONT BELIEVE "Tracker", "Debbie", VPNSISHACKERSSECRET, "snailmail"
    ... > If you're trying to learn from this newsgroup, ... I understand about losing patience in the face of illogical people. ... received the same ridicule, rather than helpful pointers. ... this time backed up my bookmarks so I don't lose it the next time I purge my ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Error Creating ADODB.Connection Connection in IIS6
    ... I'm assuming MDAC is installed and working on the server*. ... You might try the .inetserver.iis newsgroup. ... Bob Barrows ... Brad Baker wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db)
  • Re: Aint it Pitiful Rogers and Kali cite a PUNK!!??
    ... Let me respond with web site pages, just as what was used against me. ... Let me paraphrase the account of Brad Jesness, ... NOT x-no-archive) in that newsgroup. ... You were never even in grad school in psychology. ...
    (sci.psychology.psychotherapy)
  • Re: Import Specification
    ... Brad wrote: ... >Someone actually replied to my post on the other newsgroup. ... >paste the contents into a class module in Access2000 and save it. ... you are using a web interface. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: Kevin: Lets see if I have this correct...
    ... a person will come and say "I am wondering if I need psychotherapy". ... This is the dream newsgroup of the "science of psychotherapy". ... > I have rarely Posted in NG's and NEVER FEED the Trolls like you Brad ... > who got in your way or EXPOSED you for what you are, A CYBERSTALKER! ...
    (sci.psychology.psychotherapy)