cannot make W2K <---> XP ipsec transport mode work!

From: Adrian Buxton (adrian.buxton@team.ozemail.com.au)
Date: 02/11/03

From: "Adrian Buxton" <adrian.buxton@team.ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:31:04 -0800

Thought I better post the 'solution' in case some other
poor sap gets this too.

The filter action add wizard for windows 2000 autoselects
des and md5 for it's encryption and integrity algorithms.
The add wizard for XP uses 3des and sha1. Simply change
them to suit one another for instant communication.

seem
>to bring up the session - a ping from the XP system
>results in many 'Negotiating IP Security' messages, but
>never any results. To simplify things I'm using
preshared
>key for authetncation.. I've tried against multiple
>servers and multiple clients to eliminaite the
possibilty
>of one misconfigured system.
>
>Setting up between XP <--> XP or 2K <--> 2K works fine.
>
>Can anyone else confirm this as a problem?
>
>thanks,
>Adrian.
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: EBS2008: Frage zu Preparation Wizards
    ... Der Preperation Wizard zeigt in diesem Fall aber keine Verweise auf weitere ... DNS und DHCP laufen auf dem Server ohne Fehler ... The Preparation Wizard uses Windows Management Interface (WMI) to scan ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: Cannot route incoming faxes to companyweb
    ... If you do not have another working SBS 2003 server, ... Windows Components without through the SBS 2003 Integrated Setup. ... Complete the wizard. ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Fax Wizard Cannot Access Sharepoint for Inbound Routing
    ... Configuration Wizard to configure fax route to companyweb. ... 825763 How to configure Internet access in Windows Small Business Server ... Then please check the companyweb site settings in IIS server console. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: EBS2008: Frage zu Preparation Wizards
    ... schau bitte einmal genauer auf die Fehleranzeige im Preperation Wizard. ... The Preparation Wizard uses Windows Management Interface (WMI) to scan several network components. ... This is likely if server workloads in your environment are running on the Windows 2000 Server operating system. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • RE: change server ip address wizard
    ... I run the internet connection wizard - which up until then had stopped ... What I get on my server is changeip.exe does not even attempt to run and is ... I understand that the change server IP ... server after you install Windows Server 2003 SP1 on a computer that is ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)