cannot make W2K <---> XP ipsec transport mode work!

From: Adrian Buxton (adrian.buxton@team.ozemail.com.au)
Date: 02/11/03

From: "Adrian Buxton" <adrian.buxton@team.ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:31:04 -0800

Thought I better post the 'solution' in case some other
poor sap gets this too.

The filter action add wizard for windows 2000 autoselects
des and md5 for it's encryption and integrity algorithms.
The add wizard for XP uses 3des and sha1. Simply change
them to suit one another for instant communication.

seem
>to bring up the session - a ping from the XP system
>results in many 'Negotiating IP Security' messages, but
>never any results. To simplify things I'm using
preshared
>key for authetncation.. I've tried against multiple
>servers and multiple clients to eliminaite the
possibilty