Re: Remote access for technical support

From: Russ (rwsinclair@mcpmail.com)
Date: 01/07/03

From: "Russ" <rwsinclair@mcpmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 09:14:12 -0800

However, VNC by itself is not secure. You can use it with
SSH (a google search of the two should get you some info).

Other remote control software: RemotelyAnywhere, Timbuktu
and from Microsoft: SMS (big investment), Terminal
Services (for managing servers) and NetMeeting.

customers
>> computers. I would like to hear from those who are using
>> such a system. What application are you using? What sort
>> of problems have you run into? How do you manage
security
>> questions? Links to articles about the subject would
also
>> be greatly appreciated.
>
>One easy and free way to do this, is to use VNC:
>http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/
>
>It works the same way as PC Anywhere, only better.
>

>--
>Lovingly Created by Michael Cargill
>--------------------------------------
>'Don't Be a Poof - Eat White Bread!'
>'You're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat' - Sheriff Brody, Jaws
>
>My arse is capable of anything from mass amusement, to a
whole office
>floor of workers being wiped out in a matter of minutes.
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Remote control options
    ... I use VNC for all my remote connections and I've never been ... remote control, it can't be beat. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Remote login
    ... Subject: Remote login ... vnc is the right way to go in my opinion. ... Window manager warning: Log level 32: could not find XKB extension. ...
    (GNOME)
  • Re: Remote support solutions: a problem in the Mac world
    ... XP has built-in remote control software for parental ... > VNC clients I tested didn't like. ... > software, remote support, parents, OS X, Macintosh, Apple ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: VNC auf 2008 Server
    ... Es geht dabei um eine Steuersoftware die ein lokal vor Ort angeschlossenes USB-Gerät abfragt, wenn man sich jedoch per RDP drauf verbindet, sucht die Software automatisch beim Remotehost, unabhängig was man nun zum durchschleifen freigegeben hat oder nicht. ... If Fast User Switching or Remote Desktop are used, then VNC Server will connect session zero to the console in order to allow it to be accessed. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windows.server.general)
  • Re: working with two computers?
    ... heron stone wrote: ... sharing and file transfers. ... For the keyboard, monitor, and mouse, you could look at using VNC ... a passable job of providing remote keyboard, monitor, mouse access ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)