Re: Remote access for technical support

From: Russ (rwsinclair@mcpmail.com)
Date: 01/07/03

From: "Russ" <rwsinclair@mcpmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 09:14:12 -0800

However, VNC by itself is not secure. You can use it with
SSH (a google search of the two should get you some info).

Other remote control software: RemotelyAnywhere, Timbuktu
and from Microsoft: SMS (big investment), Terminal
Services (for managing servers) and NetMeeting.

customers
>> computers. I would like to hear from those who are using
>> such a system. What application are you using? What sort
>> of problems have you run into? How do you manage
security
>> questions? Links to articles about the subject would
also
>> be greatly appreciated.
>
>One easy and free way to do this, is to use VNC:
>http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/
>
>It works the same way as PC Anywhere, only better.
>

>--
>Lovingly Created by Michael Cargill
>'Don't Be a Poof - Eat White Bread!'
>'You're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat' - Sheriff Brody, Jaws
>
>My arse is capable of anything from mass amusement, to a
whole office