Re: outlook express glitch

From: Al (nospam@nospam.com)
Date: 12/28/02

From: "Al" <nospam@nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 23:30:38 -0500

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;Q329570

"
  1.. Start Outlook Express.
  2.. On the Tools menu, click Options.
  3.. Click the Security tab, click to clear the Do not allow attachments to
be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus check box under Virus
Protection, and then click OK.
I would probably put OE back into the restricted zone.

AL

"pw" <w8476@advant.com> wrote in message
> after i downloaded a windows upgrade, and to OE6 a certain
> attachment from a regular email sender is now prevented
> from being opened by my OE. The message is "OE removed
> access to the following unsafe attachment...." I went
> into options and changed the setting from the more secure
> zone to the less secure zone, probably reset from the
> upgrade. I am still unable to open the attachment. Any
> suggestions? thanks, pw

Relevant Pages

  • Re: France open to UK lamb next week
    ... zone about the Pirbright lab. ... With regard proof etc, I am trying to find the details of the case brought ... We have a genetic match of virus strains. ...
    (uk.business.agriculture)
  • Re: Spyware Removal
    ... for automatic time synch, double click on the time in your task ... zone you are present in by clicking the time zone tab> and choosing the ... > This virus starts an iexplorer page by itself, that one can not see, ... > it by not allowing iexplorer to connect through zone alarm. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Sun M-class hardware denial of service
    ... then if you NEED that zone back, you have to power the machine down. ... attachments is expressly prohibited. ... VIRUS: Every care has been ... It is your responsibility to ensure virus ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Attn: Elmo
    ... you seem to be the resident Zone guru here. ... I would suspect a firewall, virus, spyware or a problem with the Zone ... If it's the secure server, many are being affected by the ...
    (microsoft.public.games.zone)
  • Re: Downloading Windows 2000 security update
    ... You should run a virus scan on your computer any time unual things happen. ... It may help if you add Microsoft.com to your trused Web Zone and set the ... > get this message "Connection to site failed. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)