can't get windows update page

From: david c. (dctc@earthlink.net)
Date: 12/28/02

From: "david c." <dctc@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 15:20:59 -0800

hi! I have tried to get the windows update page to update
virtual machine. every time i try to get to the update
site i get a response back saying that i must be using a
windows operating system in order to use the updates
page?????? I have windows 98' and have been there many
times for updates and patches but now i can't even get to
the site, I have tried various windows and microsoft sites
to get to updates but with the same problem each time.
Some people have responded suggesting that my firewall is
not accepting cookies but this is not the case.....please
help!!!!! dave c.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: cant get windows update page
    ... Windows Update ActiveX control... ... > virtual machine. ... > Some people have responded suggesting that my firewall is ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Out with Vista, In with XP???
    ... I think that the Virtual Machine is a great set of training wheels! ... You can purchase it and install that add-on. ... Or - you can install Windows XP in a Virtual Machine and run your old ... the new applications/can get the new applications and no longer need the old ...
  • Re: Ping Sheelagh- business idea
    ... Dave didn't go to his chiropody appointment on Monday because his foot ... I feel ..well...Dave keeps saying he was doing so well and now this ... Then Thursday the guy came to replace the windows. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: School Project; please read
    ... I would highly recommend using the FREE VMware ... lose data or render the PC unbootable with Windows. ... I'd do a complete Ubuntu installation ... The virtual machine files can be unzipped and run ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Another approach to OS migration
    ... to migrating my audio and video work to Windows 7. ... system to a virtual machine running under Windows 7/64 bits. ... After a number of months struggling with the MS virtual machine offerings ... but I had it on hand for cloning hard drives and it fits well into this ...
    (rec.audio.pro)