can't get windows update page

From: david c. (dctc@earthlink.net)
Date: 12/28/02

From: "david c." <dctc@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 15:20:59 -0800

hi! I have tried to get the windows update page to update
virtual machine. every time i try to get to the update
site i get a response back saying that i must be using a
windows operating system in order to use the updates
page?????? I have windows 98' and have been there many
times for updates and patches but now i can't even get to
the site, I have tried various windows and microsoft sites
to get to updates but with the same problem each time.
Some people have responded suggesting that my firewall is
not accepting cookies but this is not the case.....please
help!!!!! dave c.