Re: Making this folder private.

From: Joe Schmoe (nomail@forme.com)
Date: 12/27/02

From: "Joe Schmoe" <nomail@forme.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 09:08:37 -0500

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002 22:39:53 +0000, Ken Hendry wrote:

> I am trying to make a file private because it contains some material I
> don't want the children in the house to access. I have gone through the
> steps in the Windows XP help but, it will not allow me to tick the box
> where it says "Make this folder private". Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks

Why not just set up user accounts for each person? You would make yourself
administrator and would be able to access everyones files, everyone else,
you just make a standard or restricted user who would only have access to
their own files and no one elses.

Making your kids restricted users also has the added benefit of not
allowing them to install programs or just generally hosing your OS. They
can save files to the computer, they just can't install them or change any
settings or system files.

They also must log into the computer, hitting escape to bypass login
doesn't work work on W2k or XP.

Joe