home address changes

From: mike (atop@aol.com)
Date: 12/22/02

From: "mike" <atop@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 06:18:35 -0800

It could have been a web site you visited that will
aytomatically make itself your default home page. Or you
may have a virus. Run a scan.

enough
>this munky.com was now set as my default home address.
>
>How can this happen, with this new site saved as my
>default setting? I am sure no one was using my system
>since the last time I did.
>
>So, my question is how do they get their site saved on
my
>system and how to eliminate this from happening again.
>
>Thanks for any input.
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: "Error Message" ?
    ... > On one specific web site I get a error message and it ... > closes my internet connection. ... The error message: "Internet Explorer has ... You could have to update Internet Explorer. ...
  • Re: IE6 strange behaviour
    ... You can also get to the Internet Explorer newsgroups via this web site: ... There select Internet Applications then Internet Explorer ... >> My internet connection stops responding when I try logging to a> a new website following a previous normal visit to another> website.Following that,my winme PC hangs,and can only be> restarted after pressing the power button.It is then ready for a> more or less short web session,before it hangs again. ...
  • Re: Virus wont let me run certain programs
    ... -- Checked at Symantec-Norton for a description of the virus? ... be at AVG or one of the virus-detecting companies, ... then what web site does it go to? ... hijacking. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: plz i have a blast virus
    ... you with this problem (removing the blaster virus from your system). ... "Windows must restart because the Remote Procedure Call service ... Turn on your Internet Connection Firewall ... Go to Windows Update and get all other needed Critical Updates ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Word 2003 Global template and "Running Virus Scan
    ... I will do some research on the Symantec web site. ... file in the global templates window. ... in the global templates window and the "Running Virus Scan" that is ... not related to Anti Virus program. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)