shutdowns from ?? while online

From: j-dcook@gci.net
Date: 12/21/02

From: <j-dcook@gci.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 17:09:07 -0800

I've had that type of shutdown with my Sat Modem, usually
as a result of the modem having its' power removed. W/out
list an OS, you may have a problem.
I am using XP Pro, with all the latest patches, as are
some of my clients. They've the Shell do some wierd
things. Please refer to my post regarding KB Q329390 and
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS02-072.
Buffer Overflow in Microsoft Windows Shell
Cheers,
Duane
runs
>scandisk and all that, at the worst times while online
>with verizon DSL RANDOMLY DURING DOWNLOADS ETC. SOME
feel