Re: Firewall is causing a dnscache error Sygate

From: Karl Levinson [x y] mvp (levinson_k@excite.com)
Date: 12/20/02

From: "Karl Levinson [x y] mvp" <levinson_k@excite.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 16:52:14 -0500

Hmm... can you get to the internet on this machine?

Whenever investigating any firewall problem, I always first want to look at the firewall logs to see what if anything is being blocked, and then reconfigure the firewall to permit that. My guess is that some basic part of Windows such as SERVICES.EXE, SVCHOST.EXE, WINLOGON.EXE and/or LSASS.EXE could have been configured to be blocked by the firewall.

Also, I think you will find that you get the most accurate response to questions about problems with your firewall if you go to the web page for the manufacturer of your firewall. www.sygate.com for example AFAIK has a free searchable tech support discussion group.

Mentioning the name and version of your firewall would be helpful too.

  "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u5yq$tGqCHA.1968@TK2MSFTNGP10...

  --
  George Hester

firewallerror.gif