Re: Software Update Services (SUS) - SA Edition

From: Roger Abell [MVP] (mvpNOSPAM@asu.edu)
Date: 12/20/02

From: "Roger Abell [MVP]" <mvpNOSPAM@asu.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 07:21:43 -0700

Can we assume you have inquired in newsgroup
microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs

?

--
Roger
"John Smith" <bellboyd21@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I did.  And she has contacted several people at Microsoft
> and nobody has been able to locate this for a week.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Software Update Services (SUS) - SA Edition
    ... And she has contacted several people at Microsoft ... >> downloading or the appropriate CD? ... >> "SUS is available in two versions. ... >> system critical updates and security rollup packages ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: SUS or wait for WUS?
    ... you have to store all the current updates for all the supported OS's. ... My advice would be to use SUS in whatever configuration fits best with your ... > them on the server would be fine but downloading masses of unnecessary ... >> on whether ISA caches the patches. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Does this make sense to anyone?
    ... It claims that his security needs updating and that it will take 4 hours ( ... The computer normally updates XP automatically as it also does to AVG 7.5 ... as Microsoft did issue quite a few patches this last go-round. ... isn't all that unusual when downloading a lot of hotfixes on dial-up. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Problem with that damn Windows update
    ... > the last two days the damn Windows icon to the right of the task bar ... > over it, it said 37% downloading. ... > system to check for updates and tell me when they are ready to ... > allegedly needed from the windowsupdate website at Microsoft. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Problem with that damn Windows update
    ... > the last two days the damn Windows icon to the right of the task bar ... > over it, it said 37% downloading. ... > system to check for updates and tell me when they are ready to ... > allegedly needed from the windowsupdate website at Microsoft. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)