Re: Software Update Services (SUS) - SA Edition

From: John Smith (bellboyd21@yahoo.com)
Date: 12/20/02

From: "John Smith" <bellboyd21@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 03:47:47 -0800

I did. And she has contacted several people at Microsoft
and nobody has been able to locate this for a week.

find
>> any information on Microsoft's web site which would
>> indicate where I can obtain this software. Can anyone
>> assist me acquiring this software whether through
>> downloading or the appropriate CD?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> John Smith
>>

>> Patch Management Using Microsoft Software Update
Services

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/windowsupdate/SUS/defa
>> ult.asp; the other is available as a licensing program.
>> The downloadable version downloads and installs
operating
>> system critical updates and security rollup packages
>> (SRPs). All other patches, including applications,
service
>> packs, and non-critical updates that need to be
installed
>> before they are issued as a security rollup package, go
>> through distribution and deployment.
>>
>> For those customers on the Microsoft Software Assurance
>> (SA) licensing program, a more comprehensive version of
>> SUS is available that can download and install operating
>> system service packs, non-critical security updates, and
>> selected Quick Fix Engineering (QFE) fixes determined to
>> be vital to the successful operation of the operating
>> system. This version is known as SUS SA Edition.
>>
>> Organizations wanting to obtain and use SUS SA Edition
in
>> their environments will need to participate in the
>> Software Assurance program. For more information on this
>> program and licensing in general, see
>> http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/default.asp."
>>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Software Update Services (SUS) - SA Edition
    ... And she has contacted several people at Microsoft ... >>> downloading or the appropriate CD? ... >>> "SUS is available in two versions. ... >>> system critical updates and security rollup packages ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: SUS or wait for WUS?
    ... you have to store all the current updates for all the supported OS's. ... My advice would be to use SUS in whatever configuration fits best with your ... > them on the server would be fine but downloading masses of unnecessary ... >> on whether ISA caches the patches. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Does this make sense to anyone?
    ... It claims that his security needs updating and that it will take 4 hours ( ... The computer normally updates XP automatically as it also does to AVG 7.5 ... as Microsoft did issue quite a few patches this last go-round. ... isn't all that unusual when downloading a lot of hotfixes on dial-up. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Problem with that damn Windows update
    ... > the last two days the damn Windows icon to the right of the task bar ... > over it, it said 37% downloading. ... > system to check for updates and tell me when they are ready to ... > allegedly needed from the windowsupdate website at Microsoft. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Problem with that damn Windows update
    ... > the last two days the damn Windows icon to the right of the task bar ... > over it, it said 37% downloading. ... > system to check for updates and tell me when they are ready to ... > allegedly needed from the windowsupdate website at Microsoft. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)