outlook express security

From: adam (adam@telus.net)
Date: 12/19/02

From: "adam" <adam@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:10:22 -0800

Does this function also prevent IE from launching and
displaying a web page the mail message is pointing to?

A lot of spam messages today contain an IE 'trigger'
causing automatic connection to an unwanted web page - a
very annoing function. I would love to know how to prevent
this.

Adam

Not
>>sure if they mean virus or otherwise, but I can not seem
>>to override or eliminate that default. Please advise.
>>.
>>
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: worm/virus impact
    ... I've checked my settings in both OE and the file type ... The worm was executed, but it was run under a limited ... > to enable the ability in Outlook Express to block unsafe attachments. ...
  • Re: JPG Attachment Opening Nag Screen
    ... Start Outlook Express. ... Click the Security tab and remove the check from "Do not allow attachments to be ... Open After Download file type setting to determine whether a file is classed as ... There is a | check box to uncheck so that it just opens files but the check box | is grayed out. ...
  • RE: OE removing attachments
    ... I'm giving you an excerpt from a security document I have, which can help you solve this and future probs with attachments: ... "Outlook Express prior to version 6.0 had no intrinsic protection against malicious file ... In Windows NT select View/Options/File Types tab, ... file type of interest, and click Edit. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: Outlook Express
    ... I'm giving you an excerpt from a security document I have, which can help you solve this and future probs with attachments: ... "Outlook Express prior to version 6.0 had no intrinsic protection against malicious file ... In Windows NT select View/Options/File Types tab, ... file type of interest, and click Edit. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: My Guess is This is Common--Attachments to E-Mail Not Accessible
    ... This is totally by design and is part of the new security features in Outlook ... Express since SP1. ... Click the Security tab and remove the check from "Do not allow attachments to be ... Open After Download file type setting to determine whether a file is classed as ...