Re: security against hackers

From: TwistedPair (twistedpair@mail.com)
Date: 12/19/02

From: "TwistedPair" <twistedpair@mail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 21:55:47 -0800

Upgrade to XP, or 2000 prof. It would be trivial for someone to just walk
up to your machine and simply copy files off of it. I can go on and on. I
hope the 9x kernel dies a sad lonely death.

Pair

"Dave Ware" <daveware@quik.com> wrote in message
> I have Windows ME. Are the built in security walls able to
> stop hackers or should I have software to stop hacking?
> Thank You

Relevant Pages

  • security against hackers
    ... I have Windows ME. ... Are the built in security walls able to ... stop hackers or should I have software to stop hacking? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: security against hackers
    ... > I have Windows ME. ... Are the built in security walls able to ... > stop hackers or should I have software to stop hacking? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: security against hackers
    ... > stop hackers or should I have software to stop hacking? ... Windows ME doesn't have much in the way of built in security. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Restarting new Xorg freezes system
    ... The operating system and ports were all cvsupped and built from source ... My xorg.conf was built from scratch by "Xorg -configure", ... they did before the upgrade. ... Shutting down and restarting X is the only ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Considering an upgrade to a HDTV in the RV?
    ... Thought some might be interested in a fairly inexpensive upgrade to ... Not a huge screen but 15 inch. ... has never been a built in TV in my model year 2000 Tioga by Fleetwood. ... Mounted on the side wall vertical with my upper bunk and in the same ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)