Terminal Server Logins

From: TwistedPair (twistedpair@mail.com)
Date: 12/18/02

From: "TwistedPair" <twistedpair@mail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:18:39 -0800

Hi all,
What is the best way to track terminal server logins from the even log? I
know that local logins are type 2, but when logging in through terminal
server, I don't see any type 2 logins perhaps because Windows doesn't
consider a virtual shell to be a local login. In fact there are no logins
shown at all, and I have that audit setting checked for success and failure.

Pair

Relevant Pages

  • Re: duplicate sa login names in sysxlogins
    ... I could understand one thing replication creates remote servers and ... there it maps remote login distributor_admin to local logins ... distributor_admin and sa logins. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.replication)
  • Re: telnet logins
    ... >> path, but add it when logging in via a graphical interface, or when ... There's usually a separate initialization file for X logins, ... These X-specific scripts typically add the directories ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: ssh login restriction
    ... ssh is just a means of logging in, ... > enforcing policies as to who, when, or how logins are allowable. ... control logins and access of the sshd daemon (mind you they only affect ... login via SSH). ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: What the ...is going on?
    ... > they see me logging on every 15 minutes and logging off after ... > so I tried logging on MSN and it said I was logged at another ... > the logins are every 15 minutes all through the day and night ... > off 1 mintue after the login. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)
  • What the ...is going on?
    ... Last 3 nights I haven't been using my MSN messenger but my friends say ... they see me logging on every 15 minutes and logging off after 1 mintue ... the logins are every 15 minutes all through the day and night and logs ... off 1 mintue after the login. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)