lock mode

From: Shane Klitzke (sklitzke@clickonasb.com)
Date: 12/18/02

From: "Shane Klitzke" <sklitzke@clickonasb.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 15:40:55 -0800

I would like to make my workstation as secure as possible
by having it enter lock-mode after a fixed amount of
time. So after 30 minutes of inactivity the PC would go
into "lock mode" forcing the user to press ctrl-alt-delte
and to authenticate. I am working in a win200 and NT
environment. Any idea's would be helpful.
Thank-you
Shane

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Paradigms II
    ... > are not about trying to circumvent security. ... > (server or workstation); however, they can be easily adapted to any other ... > to have at least a vague idea what security, and a secure environment, ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Paradigms II
    ... Secure Systems Revisited ... Performing the following very basic security evaluation on your system ... (server or workstation); however, they can be easily adapted to any other ... control over that information. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • RE: Question: How To Secure a Public Access Workstation
    ... I think step one would be to secure the box itself. ... Access workstation" shouldn't necessarily mean access to the ... > rather than Windows Explorer. ... > q154780 - How to Use Kiosk Mode in Microsoft ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • [Full-disclosure] AFS - The Ultimate Sulution?
    ... This is kind of a combination of RemoteBoot and AFS. ... to supply forged images to the workstation. ... AFS however uses Kerberos to authenticate and thus is considered secure. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: PCanywhere: security of it and operation over DSL/cable modems
    ... the workstation that needs to be accessed is ... in an internal network. ... then x-forwarding the *nix version of VNC that connects to the windows ... that's less secure again. ...
    (Security-Basics)