Re: Not able to use Shareware Programs

From: Karl Levinson [x y] mvp (levinson_k@excite.com)
Date: 12/17/02

From: "Karl Levinson [x y] mvp" <levinson_k@excite.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:39:51 -0500

For any firewall problem, the first thing to check is the firewall's logs to
see what if anything is being blocked. Microsoft doesn't make any of the
products below, so you will want to check out the free support discussion
groups or knowledge base for Norton products at www.sarc.com and maybe also
the web page for the manufacturers of the other products to learn which
ports need to be opened and exactly how.

"Ron Desilets" <rdesilets08@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I Had to Re-Install XP Home/Having problem with some
> Programs like Audignome, WinMX, KaZaA, if you know these
> sites you get the Idea who they are. I am not able to do
> Downloads nor are they able to do Uploads. I also use
> Norton Internet Security. I am sure that my security
> setting is too high as this haS to be part of my problem.
> I am sure someone out there has had this same trouble. Let
> me hear from you please.
> Thank You
> rdesilets08@hotmail.com
> .

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Adware ?
    ... new spyware protection. ... Norton Internet Security can't protect against stuff you've enabled. ... It's a microsoft feature that emulates an old UNIX ... Messenger Service window that contains an Internet advertisement ... ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • RE: home page hijack
    ... Norton Internet Security and have not been able to locate the bug. ... > Spybot does not fix the problem, and after reading about 25 postings on this ... How come microsoft can't simply send out a patch to fix this? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • XP update effects Norton Internet Security
    ... symantec site there is a document about this. ... >yesterday morning, there was an update waiting from ... I didn't think about the Microsoft update ... >worked fine again, including Norton Internet Security. ...
  • Re: Outlook Express-can`t send or receive any emails!
    ... I went to microsoft website looked up error message and it said to turn off ... email scanning and this made no ... We have always had norton internet security 2005. ...
  • Re: Norton Internet Security
    ... > My only response is this, ... > before you attempted to load Norton Internet Security. ... >> finally they said it was a Microsoft issue and to contact ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)