Re: Cannot upload thru SSL to non-secure server

From: Robert Moir (bofh@mvps.org)
Date: 12/17/02

From: "Robert Moir" <bofh@mvps.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 23:22:17 -0000

Mitch Bourne wrote:
> We have just moved an upload page from a non-secure to a
> secure (SSL) server. The file upload works just fine if
> the uploaded file is written to a local drive of the
> secure server, but bombs (cannot create file) when we try
> to write the file to a mapped drive of the non-secure
> server. Will SSL allow an uploaded file to be written to
> a mapped drive of a non-SSL server?

This might be a silly question but have you actually isolated the problem to
being the SSL stuff? Does this work if you use exactly the same setup for a
"front end" server that receives the file and a backend one that it gets
written to but without SSL?

>From my experience the presence or absence of SSL shouldn't have much to do
with whether or not you can write files to various places once the upload
has been accepted by the web server process.. If that makes sense.

What servers are you using? IIS?