Re: EvidenceEliminator

From: Alun Jones (alun@texis.com)
Date: 12/16/02

From: alun@texis.com (Alun Jones)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:47:58 GMT

In article <029801c2a50a$b51d0870$8af82ecf@TK2MSFTNGXA03>, "KC"
<kcph@attbi.com> wrote:
>I have been receiving a warning that my personal
>information is unprotected, windows security alert
>#25992. To protect download EvidenceEliminator from
>www.fvhp.org Should I download this?

My advice: spammers lie to you. Why would you download software from someone
that lies to you? Spammers steal from the Internet community. Why would you
download software from a thief?

The "warning" that you are seeing is in reality a pop-up advertisement, either
from viewing a web site that gets funding from such thieves and liars, or from
the messenger service (if this is the case, see previous postings on how to
protect yourself from messenger spam). Consider visiting a site that doesn't
rely on deceitful advertising from conmen, and further consider whether it is
safe to run programs from people who have to rely on deceit in order to
promote their worthless "products".

Alun.
~~~~

Texas Imperial Software   | Try WFTPD, the Windows FTP Server. Find us at
1602 Harvest Moon Place   | http://www.wftpd.com or email alun@texis.com
Cedar Park TX 78613-1419  | VISA/MC accepted.  NT-based sites, be sure to
Fax/Voice +1(512)258-9858 | read details of WFTPD Pro for XP/2000/NT.

Relevant Pages