Re: OE removed access to attachments

From: Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] (lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com)
Date: 12/14/02

From: "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 10:07:44 -0500

If you click Forward, you can open the attachment. Perhaps you aren't
clicking in the right place. I do this all the time and it works fine.

Note that OE questions are best asked in an OE NG -

microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
microsoft.public.internet.mail.mac for the Macintosh version of OE

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found here:
http://www.tomsterdam.com

paylor wrote:
> I tried the forward option and it takes me to another open
> window with the same message "OE removed access to the
> following unsafe attachments" It's sounds like a security
> setup but I cannot locate anything that needs to be changed

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Microsoft Outlook Express with XP Professional
    ... > I have received a filter message from Outlook express. ... > Here is the exact message, "OE removed access to the ... Bet you find something under the security options regarding attachments, ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.mail)
  • Re: Unable to open attachments
    ... > following unsafe attachments in your mail:..." ... > attachments are and they are not unsafe. ... now I can't switch identities in Outlook ... You Cannot Switch Identities in Outlook Express After You Install Windows XP ...
  • Re: OE Remioved access to potentially unsafe file
    ... Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 ... Using Virus Protection Features in OLEXP 6 ... (OE removed access to the unsafe attachments in your email) ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.mail)
  • Outlook Express blocking attachments in e-mail
    ... I've just started using Outlook Express on a new laptop. ... But whenver I open a message w/ an attachment, ... Express has removed access to the "unsafe attachments" ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: OE ROBBING ME !
    ... Managing e-mail attachments in Outlook and Outlook Express http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/email/attachments.mspx ... Description of how the Attachment Manager works in Windows XP Service Pack 2: ... following unsafe attachments in yor mail". ...