Re: loading VPN and trying to remove firewall

From: mike sciacqua (sciacqua1@netzero.com)
Date: 12/14/02

From: "mike sciacqua" <sciacqua1@netzero.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 07:08:14 -0800

goes
>> to the next step is says that you must remove Firewall-
1.

>Thanks... I think you're going to have to contact your
company's tech
>support and get them to answer this for you.
Alternatively, you could try
>contacting Checkpoint tech support, but good luck, they
are not known for
>being the best. I don't even think they let you search
their frinkin'
>gosh-darned knowledge base web page without shelling out
lots of money.

>Before doing any of this, I might write down the exact
word for word error
www.google.com/advanced_group_search
>for the error message. You could also try finding a
support group for
>Checkpoint products or for VPN in general... there are
some links to
www.phoneboy.com is a Checkpoint
>FAQ, I'd be surprised if the answer was there but it's
worth a try.

>---
>Checked by AVG anti-virus system
(http://www.grisoft.com).
11/25/2002

>.
>thans for the info. I'm home now and the actual message
that I get is: Setup has found that FireWall-1 is
installed on this computer. Please uninstall it before
installing SecuRemote.

I have not been able to find Firewall-1 anywhere on my
computer. Any suggestions

thanks
Mike

Relevant Pages

  • Re: loading VPN and trying to remove firewall
    ... support and get them to answer this for you. ... for the error message. ... Checkpoint products or for VPN in general... ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: loading VPN and trying to remove firewall
    ... >>>The name of the VPN is called Checkpoint. ... >> install the VPN it downloads the files. ... >support and get them to answer this for you. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: loading VPN and trying to remove firewall
    ... >>>The name of the VPN is called Checkpoint. ... >> install the VPN it downloads the files. ... >support and get them to answer this for you. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Office 2010
    ... Outlook locks up with a officelifeboathang ... This is a corporate install of OFFIce that was just cleanly redone. ... The store C:\Documents and Settings\rhs\Local Settings\Application ... Data\Microsoft\Outlook\SharePoint Lists.pst has detected a catalog checkpoint. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Fortigate Experiance / Review
    ... We spent about an hour with support yesterday to get the VPN working, ... Others have the full install and it is still troublesome. ... I teach Fortigate courses. ... firewall FIRST if you want to use the forticlient firewall. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)