Re: Permit "Create Shared Folders" to a non Local Administrator or Power User

From: Bill Sanderson (Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org)
Date: 12/14/02

From: "Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 21:48:00 -0500

Thanks for your time, Jack--I appreciate it.

I did try msicuu, but it doesn't list MBSA--it lists a couple of XML-related
products,
Office Sounds, and the United Devices Agent software, but not MBSA.

I'll check some other resources--there must be a way out of this.

"Jack Gu [MS]" <jackgu@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Regarding the Windows XP, you may try the msicuu in the following link:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;325084

> ==============
>
> Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows NT, and Microsoft Windows XP
>
> 1. Connect to the Internet, and then visit the following Microsoft Web
> site:
>
> Msicuu.exe from download.microsoft.com
>
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/office2000pro/util20/1/NT4/EN-US/msic
> uu.exe
>
> 2. When you are prompted, click Open.
>
> 3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation
> process.

> ==============
>
> I think it is possible you download it from the web and run it directly
> and
> the source may be cleared in the temp folder so we cannot find.
>
> Since this is a pure Windows Installer problem, I suggest you forward the
> question to Windows related group and it is more possible that you can
> right answer there.
>
> Best Regards,
> Jack Gu, MCSE 2000, MCSD, MCDBA
> Microsoft Support Engineer

> rights.
> You assume all risk for your use. Copy Right, 2001 Microsoft Corporation.
> All rights reserved.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Remote desktop and time zone settings
    ... Check out the KB affected files: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833551 ... What is not clear, why KB only lists: ... Microsoft Windows XP Professional ... We reported the problem and got a fix in email. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: [SDBUG] lament about freebsd sacrifices
    ... as compared to Microsoft Windows XP: ... After everyone lists what they believe they are "sacrificing" by using ... FreeBSD instead of Winderz, ... development mailing lists. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Start Menu>All Programs
    ... Microsoft Windows XP - Using Personalized Menus with the Classic Start menu: ... Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User] ... lists all the programs instead of showing the most used first. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Permit "Create Shared Folders" to a non Local Administrator or Power User
    ... you may try the msicuu in the following link: ... Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows NT, and Microsoft Windows XP ... and then visit the following Microsoft Web site: ... Since this is a pure Windows Installer problem, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin (MS00-079)
    ... Bleow the Summary of the article it lists the affected opertating systems. ... Microsoft Windows Me ... All Security Bulletins and Knowledge Base articles have a list of operating ...