Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS02-069

From: Jerry Bryant [MSFT] (jbryant@online.microsoft.com)
Date: 12/12/02

From: "Jerry Bryant [MSFT]" <jbryant@online.microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:42:06 -0800

The bulletin is being updated and the information will also be in the KB
article which should be released shortly.

--
Regards,
Jerry Bryant - MCSE, MCDBA
"Michel Gallant (MVP)" <neutron@istar.ca> wrote in message
> It would be convenient if the information (about the dnld for w9x, me, NT,
> XP being all the same) were also conveniently dnld'd with the install, or
> at least, the name of the install reflected that. Just simplifies the
confusion
> that might arise for unwitting or forgetful administrators  :-)
> Cheers,
>  - Mitch
>
> "Jerry Bryant [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > You Can get the patch from the Windows Upate Catalog. This information
is in
> > the Frequently Asked Questions section of the bulletin. FYI: W9x, ME, NT
and
> > XP patches are all the same (so downloading for one of those OS's to
install
> > on NT is ok). Win2k SP2 or later has a different patch.
> > I'm a network administrator. I see that the patch is available on
Windows
> > Update, but I'd like to download it and install it on my users' systems.
Can
> > I do this?
> >
> > Yes. You may update existing Microsoft VMs by following these steps:
> >
> >   1.. Go to the Windows Update web site.
> >   2.. In the left pane, under Other Options, select "Personalize Windows
> > Update".
> >   3.. Under "Set Options for Windows Update", select the checkbox for
> > "Display the Link to Windows Update Catalog under 'See Also'", then
click
> > "Save Settings".
> >   5.. In the left pane, under "See Also", select "Windows Update
Catalog".
> >   6.. Select "Find Updates for Microsoft Operating Systems".
> >   7.. Select the operating system and language of your choice.
> >   8.. Select "Critical Updates and Service Packs".
> >   9.. Select all of the patches you'd like to download, then click on
"Go to
> > download basket" to download them.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Jerry Bryant - MCSE, MCDBA
> > Microsoft IT Communities
> >
> > Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

rights.
> > "mike singer" <nospam_zookeeper@wwwhr.com> wrote in message
> > > Jerry.  This patch is only available via windows update.  THat is cool
for
> > > Windows 2000 and XP but when I try to download it for NT, NT does not
even
> > > show up as an option under operating system in the catalogue.  We need
> > > network install for NT since our data center machines are not
permitted to
> > > surf out for obvious security reason.  Any suggestions.
> > >

> > > "Jerry Bryant [MSFT]" <jbryant@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
are
> > tool
> > > as

Security

Security
> > bulletin

> > after
> > > in

> > > rights.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Error 0x80070020 Windows Update
    ... I attempted to load the latest Windows update software and get the ... I'll just manually download updates. ... Note that you only need to uninstall the interferer to do the update's install phase. ... stems from an automatic download of Microsoft Compression ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: error 80070424 windows update VISTA
    ... [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates] ... Windows Update history shows that all Microsoft Updates (Office, ... can download the latest WUA in order to install it manually. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: KB955428 update patch for microsoft woks 8
    ... kept getting Windows Update refusing to install. ... Windows Update downloaded but could not install the Works8 update. ... Download the file KB955428_en-US.cab. ... Once you have downloaded it to your desktop, double-click the icon on ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Defragmenter not installed Error
    ... Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the ... Download the latest version of the Windows Update agent from here: ... Close all Internet Explorer windows and other applications. ...
  • Re: My computer (XP) keeps turning itself off, Please Help?