Two firewalls better than one ?

From: Ed (ewolfe@nortec.com)
Date: 12/12/02

From: "Ed" <ewolfe@nortec.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:39:06 -0800

No, Your looking at an administrative nightmare for
accessing data to and from you network. Try a firewall
with some sort of IDS solution added on the network!

more than one firewall
>upon your Windows Machine ?
>
>For example Zonealarm, and BlackIce or Windows XP's
firewall plus another
>Firewall such as Nortons Personal firewall ?
>

>Steve
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: can ping but not browse
    ... I have stopped the firewall. ... # are safed from all (security) hazards. ... firewall/bastion host to the internet ... # internet and to an internal network, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Turn off all sharing and network discovery
    ... which is basically Windows XP running as a virtual ... It does need its own AV and firewall. ... unnecessary network resource sharing and resource discovery. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Turn off all sharing and network discovery
    ... which is basically Windows XP running as a virtual ... It does need its own AV and firewall. ... unnecessary network resource sharing and resource discovery. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Why not use NETBEUI on Windows XP ??
    ... Trusted zones means that firewall rules will be bypassed for any or certain ... not count on netbeui being a defense for such as long as smb connectivity ... while the connection is open. ... > Microsoft Networking components on my network. ...
  • Re: Why not use NETBEUI on Windows XP ??
    ... Trusted zones means that firewall rules will be bypassed for any or certain ... not count on netbeui being a defense for such as long as smb connectivity ... while the connection is open. ... > Microsoft Networking components on my network. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)