Re: Q324929 bug??

From: Scott Numbers (Scott.Numbers@hq.doe.gov)
Date: 12/12/02

From: Scott.Numbers@hq.doe.gov (Scott Numbers)
Date: 12 Dec 2002 08:20:19 -0800

Some additional information...
I said in a previous post that it worked if another window was open.
This depends on where the other window has been. If it is Google, the
app fails. If it is Windows-Update page, it works. (Why, I have no
idea. Logic says, it shouldn't make any difference. I'm am only
providing this info for whoever may have inside knowledge of what this
patch did and how it could have this result. Being a programmer, I
know what it is like to have people telling you the symptoms. Each
symptom gets you closer to the real problem and a solution)

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Scott Numbers

"Michael" <camplin_m@casa.gov.au> wrote in message news:<01fe01c2a158$6bb73d00$d5f82ecf@TK2MSFTNGXA12>...
> That's the problem.
>
> the underscores were working fine in IE6.0 before the
> security patch was applied.
>
> thanks for your help, I'm off to change our naming
> standard!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: found a bird... dying?
    ... The symptoms fit head trauma from hitting a window. ... small birds. ...
    (rec.birds)
  • Re: "The Girl in the Window"
    ... Long but worth reading. ... years when someone first saw a child's face in the window. ... Her symptoms may be situational, ... and her husband give respite care to families with challenged ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • New processes blocked after connecting via dial-up
    ... Windows XP refuses to allow any new processes to initiate ... start until the process block clears. ... generally open a new IE window. ... Has anyone experienced, or even heard of, similar symptoms? ...
  • Temporary new process block after dial-up
    ... the following symptoms are observed consistently: ... refuses to allow any new processes to initiate for up to ... refuses to start until the process block clears. ... -- If an IE window is open, most websites are accessible, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)