Re: Setting space limit

From: Robert Moir (robert.moir@ntlworld.com)
Date: 12/12/02

From: "Robert Moir" <robert.moir@ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 09:42:18 -0000

Brent wrote:
> How do I set a certain amount of space per folder. What I
> am doing is, I set on my NTFS drive a folder for each
> person on my network, but I dont want them to dump a huge
> load of files that would take up my hole HDD. so each
> person should have about 200megs or so. How and where
> would I set sut a thing up?

You don't set space limits on a folder, on Windows 2000 server you can set
disk quotas for a disk on the server. It can be a quite in depth subject so
rather than post an incomplete summary here that might miss out something
crucial to you, or just paste large sections of the help file which would be
pointless, I'm going to suggest you consult the Windows 2000 help system.
Search for "Disk Quota".

If you are still using NT 4 server, there are 3rd party products that can do
this. Obviously the details are then specific to the 3rd party product
itself.

Regards
Rob MS MVP