Re: Setting space limit

From: Robert Moir (robert.moir@ntlworld.com)
Date: 12/12/02

From: "Robert Moir" <robert.moir@ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 09:42:18 -0000

Brent wrote:
> How do I set a certain amount of space per folder. What I
> am doing is, I set on my NTFS drive a folder for each
> person on my network, but I dont want them to dump a huge
> load of files that would take up my hole HDD. so each
> person should have about 200megs or so. How and where
> would I set sut a thing up?

You don't set space limits on a folder, on Windows 2000 server you can set
disk quotas for a disk on the server. It can be a quite in depth subject so
rather than post an incomplete summary here that might miss out something
crucial to you, or just paste large sections of the help file which would be
pointless, I'm going to suggest you consult the Windows 2000 help system.
Search for "Disk Quota".

If you are still using NT 4 server, there are 3rd party products that can do
this. Obviously the details are then specific to the 3rd party product
itself.

Regards
Rob MS MVP

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Question on folder redirection
    ... Thanks for the reply, I was looking about the server settings this morning and although I had removed disk quota limits on the volumes, the user in question still had them applied. ... Also can I confirm with you that you have configured folder redirection for users' documents, however the user's folders' size has exceed the disk quotas for the user? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Email enable doc lib
    ... navigate to the public folder and send some posts with attachments to the ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... I have disabled forms base Athentication from the default V.Smtp server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Outlook not sending mail to 1 contact.
    ... outbound boundary SMTP mail server. ... rerouted internally right back into your account. ... The Outbox folder will only be non-empty DURING an e-mail session. ... e-mail client will move the draft of your e-mail into the Outbox folder ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Newbie with a smallbiz2000 installation, check my config?
    ... > Windows creates a profile path under Documents & Settings. ... > a folder with that name already exists (maybe a local user with the ... > server, open the properties for this folder, and ensure that you have ... > you redirect key folders from a user's profile to a location on your ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: Network shares cannot connect
    ... User Name: SERVER$ ... Regarding the shares accessing problem, I suggest you try following steps ... let's focus on the Users Shared Folder first. ... To check this permission, please click the Advanced button, select ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)