Setting space limit

From: Brent (brentr@intekom.co.za)
Date: 12/12/02

From: "Brent" <brentr@intekom.co.za>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:37:55 -0800

How do I set a certain amount of space per folder. What I
am doing is, I set on my NTFS drive a folder for each
person on my network, but I dont want them to dump a huge
load of files that would take up my hole HDD. so each
person should have about 200megs or so. How and where
would I set sut a thing up?

Thanx for your time
Brent

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Large files
    ... Reduce the amount of hard drive space allocated to System Restore. ... Reduce the amount of disk space used to something between 50 and 100 MB. ... the $hf_mig$ folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Large files
    ... Reduce the amount of hard drive space allocated to System Restore. ... Reduce the amount of disk space used to something between 50 and 100 MB. ... delete the $hf_mig$ folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: files limit in a folder with window xp
    ... "paul" wrote in message ... > or gig) It seem that after a certain amount I cannot add anything else ... We have tested folders with up to 20 Million files in a single folder. ... > Can someone tell me if there is a limit on the amount of files I can> store in a folder with window xp It seem that after a certain amount I cannot add anything else ...
  • Re: DELETION OF OLD UPDATES, HOT FIXES, SECURUITY PATCHES
    ... Do not delete the $hf_mig$ folder. ... Reduce the amount of hard drive space allocated to System Restore. ... Reduce the amount of space allocated for Internet Explorer's ... Hit the Settings button in the Browsing history section on the General page. ...
  • Re: Should I uninstall PC Health?
    ... Reduce the amount of hard drive space allocated to System Restore. ... Remove Windows Update uninstall files. ... The files used to uninstall updates to Windows can be deleted ... These files can be found in the Windows folder ...