Re: Two firewalls better than one ?

From: Lucas Galfaso (lgalfaso@fd.com.ar)
Date: 12/12/02

From: "Lucas Galfaso" <lgalfaso@fd.com.ar>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 01:03:18 -0300

you get a slower machine and a minor security upgrade.

Lucas/

PS: warning some firewalls ARE incompatible one with another.

"steve" <svaardt@h0tmail. com> wrote in message

> Is there anything to be gained (or lost) from running more than one
firewall
> upon your Windows Machine ?
>
> For example Zonealarm, and BlackIce or Windows XP's firewall plus another
> Firewall such as Nortons Personal firewall ?
>

> Steve

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Hardware requirements for firewall
    ... >> slower machine on at the slowest day. ... Monitor it closely as traffic grows. ... You may also try to find from others which firewall is more efficient if ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: should i install windows xp service pack 2
    ... I don't care about monitoring outbound traffic. ... some Cyber nut or spyware bot has successfully penetrated my ... firewall is very effective at stopping unwanted inbound ... sure if SP2 is or is not warning me about traffic in either ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Why you should use a firewall on Win98
    ... > filtering firewall or indeed any firewall, ... If you like the outbound firewall you can use it. ... With a PFW it's all there and nobody ... message the warning that there is a phising e-mail in my Trashbin once ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Security Warning
    ... > experiencing concerning popping up of the "Warning Sign". ... > After signing in to my Hotmail account a Security Warning window pops up: ... > I have only one firewall enabled. ... > communications from other experts to this and other newsgroups the Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: DC Apparently lost authentication to domain
    ... First thought that comes to mind is a firewall issue. ... > target account name is incorrect' ... > [WARNING] Failed to query SPN registration on DC ...