Two firewalls better than one ?

From: steve (svaardt@h0tmail.)
Date: 12/12/02

From: "steve" <svaardt@h0tmail. com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 12:33:10 +0900

Is there anything to be gained (or lost) from running more than one firewall
upon your Windows Machine ?

For example Zonealarm, and BlackIce or Windows XP's firewall plus another
Firewall such as Nortons Personal firewall ?

Steve

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Routers Firewall
    ... ZoneAlarm etc. etc.) for Windows, and many more for *nix based systems. ... free to suggest BlackIce instead! ... No firewall will protect a port that is explicitly opened. ... what *could* happen if someone did exploit a vulnerability in the software. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: recommendation Firewalls
    ... BlackIce is both an IDA and a firewall. ... > Blackice is an IDS and not a firewall. ... zonealarm is not all that good and is buggy. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: recommendation Firewalls
    ... BlackIce is both an IDA and a firewall. ... > Blackice is an IDS and not a firewall. ... zonealarm is not all that good and is buggy. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Firewall security: Re: Problems with simple Samba file share
    ... address for configuration plus a well-known default password is ... But the firewall will only respond to local ... Having a windows machine means that you are not. ... >> own network, then why haven't you configured it like that? ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: SSH struggle
    ... firewall is open for port 22 on my LAN. ... > When I SSH from a Windows machine on the LAN using SecureCRT with SSH2, ... > SecureCRT has disconnected from the server. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)